Job Description: Under the supervision of the Athletics Director/Deputy Athletics Director/Head Coach, the Assistant Coach of the Women’s Basketball program will assist in the operations, management, coaching and cultivation of a competitive and successful Division III team and set of student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:
- Support the academic success of all student-athletes and demonstrate a strong commitment to their personal and professional development.
- Assist in the planning, management, evaluation, operation, and coordination of all aspects of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Assist in organizing practice sessions and game-day coaching operations.
- Being very proactive in recruiting prospective students of the highest quality in order to contribute to the program’s success.
- Maintain proper and appropriate discipline among students during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off campus.
- Engage in team fundraising activities and alumni engagement events.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as further success of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Attend campus, conference, regional, and national meetings as necessary.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, City University of New York (CUNY), CUNY Athletic Conference, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA Division III) policies and procedures.
- This position will require night and weekend work, and overnight travel to an away tournament. Practices are held in the evenings between 4:30pm-7:30pm, assistant coach must be available during these times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree with successful collegiate basketball experience.
Current CPR / AED certifications must be obtained upon hiring.
Driver’s License required.
Excellent customer and staff relation skills required.
The John Jay College of Criminal Justice Athletics Department provides a comprehensive, competitive and fulfilling program in which all can feel pride, commitment and affiliation. The Department represents an exemplary model of intercollegiate athletics where athletic excellence is sought within the context of full support for the institution’s academic mission. Our goal is to attract, retain and ...graduate the finest student-athletes who in turn become loyal, supportive and proud alumni. The John Jay Athletics Department serves 14 intercollegiate sports and approximately 200 student-athletes. The Department also consists of Recreation and Intramurals, to create an educational environment producing social and fitness rewards.