* Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for designated players. Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
* Work collaboratively with other members of the coaching staff to integrate efforts and create program success. Assist other staff members with activities as need to reach the goals of the team.
* Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations. Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
* Provide feedback to assigned staff members and student workers on work performance and overall effectiveness.
* Create teaching curriculums for physical education activity courses as assigned during the academic year. Find ways to engage students in learning activities.
* Other duties as assigned
Athletics Compliance Coordinator
* Works with the Registrar and Augustana coaches to create clear understanding regarding NCAA and CCIW compliance and eligibility issues, providing guidance and answering questions as needed.
* Monitors and audits NCAA compliance documentation on a regular basis, suggesting and implementing changes as needed for full compliance.
* Assists with the management of annual playing and practice season declaration and monitors practice hours for adherence to guidelines.
* Under supervision, completes annual certification of eligibility for first year and transfer student-athletes, continuing eligibility for continuing student-athletes, and annual eligibility for international student-athletes.
* Completes required reports on a regular basis including athletics eligibility certification, NCAA squad lists, as well as additional NCAA required reports.
* Plans, conducts, documents and updates beginning of year student-athlete eligibility meetings and bystander intervention/sexual assault prevention training meetings with individual teams.
* Works with the Director of Athletics to provide rules education sessions for the Department of Athletics staff and student-athletes.
* In collaboration with others, develops and updates the Augustana Student-Athlete handbook.
* Other duties as assigned
About AUGUSTANA COLLEGE
Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Current students and alumni include 175 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 13 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.